I have been recently(3 months ago but I didn’t have time for blogging) asked by my employer to fill in „Appraisal Form”. So I got .docx document, with several sections to fill in. It is all about summary of my work since I have been employed and establishing goals till next appraisal. It got me thinking about what I have achieved in last year and what I want to achieve in the next one. I came up with something and I want to publish it, so there is no escape from disappointment(or glory 🙂 ) after not reaching the goals. Evaluation period starts at 1 February 2012 because that is when goals were established.
I tried to establish SMART goals.
Till 1 February 2013 i want to:
- Publish at least 3 Android applications on Android Market. Only partially achieved. (1 app in which I had major role, was published in Google Play. Beside that I was a main developer in app that had 3 releases to Blackberry Market.)
- Learn iPhone Development Platform (I do not really know the name) or Python/Ruby, by creating at least 3 applications. Not achieved. (Instead I have done some work in Java EE area. Learnt how to create simple REST webservice. Started simple app to finance managing using Spring, Hibernate. At least 3 programs were written.)
- Build professional website with my portfolio (or pay someone to do it for me – more capitalistic approach 😛 ). Not achieved.
- Learn at least 250 Chinese words. Not achieved. (I have stopped learning chinese for now, but I started chinese martial art, and I am motivated to go forward with that.)
- Write and defend Bachelor Thesis. Not achieved.
- Publish at least 10 post on my blog. (this one counts 😉 ) Only partially achieved. (For now I have 8 posts and 4 pages.)
- Follow the Artificial Intelligence class from Stanford University, watch all videos, pass exercises and tests. Not achieved.
- Read at least 3 english books Only partially achieved.(Only 1 book)
Hope to make verification and establish new objectives February 2, 2013. I will cross of/ put in comment if something from the list has been completed.